Get in touch!
Looking at the project, work, and utilization data in my function, it became incredibly clear to me that while we were doing lots of great work, there was also a lot of suboptimal resourcing going on, and a significant amount of work that was fundamentally repetitive, redundant, and highly transactional (read: not the best use of time or money). Even worse, not only was that resource spend not materially improving the customer experience, it was (based on survey research I commissioned) making that experience WORSE!
I pulled together a small ‘skunkworks’ team to focus on this issue. Over the course of six 2-week sprints, I pulled together an initial MVP, and reached out to C-suite leadership with our results. These led to the funding of a 12-month project which rolled out in June 2022. The project cost less than $1.5 million (in people-time and money spend) but it is conservatively predicted (and on-track) to deliver $6 million in recurring annual bottom-line savings and has served to eliminate 40% of design-touches and removed six different systems from the flow driving a 26% reduction in Design Engineering costs.
Use the carousels below to get an overview of the process and what I did or watch the movie at the bottom for a sped-up tour through just one of the digital tools & components I developed.
A screen recording of one of the components — the customer-facing Design Assistant
Attendee Bill of Rights
Report out on Cannes